Android 5.0 “Candy” was disclosed under the codename “Android L” on June 25, 2014, amid Google I/O. It ended up accessible as official over-the-air (OTA) reports on November 12, 2014, for select gadgets that run appropriations of Android overhauled by Google, including Nexus and Google Play release gadgets. Its source code was made accessible on November 3, 2014.
Candy includes an overhauled UI worked around a responsive structure dialect alluded to as “material plan”. Different changes incorporate upgrades to the notices, which can be gotten to from the lockscreen and showed inside applications as best of-the-screen flags. Besides, Google rolled out inner improvements to the stage, with the Android Runtime (ART) authoritatively substituting Dalvik for enhanced application execution, and with changes expected to enhance and advance battery utilization, referred to inside as Project Volta.
Here its Features Lollipop:
- Android Runtime (ART) with early (AOT) arrangement and enhanced waste gathering (GC), supplanting Dalvik that consolidates bytecode elucidation with follow based without a moment to spare (JIT) compilation
- Support for 64-bit CPUs
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android Extension Pack (AEP) on upheld GPU arrangements
- Late exercises screen with assignments rather than applications, up to an arranged greatest of undertakings per application
- Vector drawables, which scale without losing definition
- Support for print sneak peaks
- Material plan, bringing a restyled UI
- Invigorated bolt screen, never again supporting widgets
- Invigorated notice plate and fast settings pull-down
- Venture Volta, for battery life enhancements
- Pursuits can be performed inside the framework settings for speedier access to specific settings
- Bolt screen gives alternate routes to application and warning settings
- Visitor logins and various client accounts are accessible on more gadgets, for example, phones.
- Sound info and yield through USB gadgets
- Outsider applications recover the capacity to peruse and alter information found anyplace on outer capacity, for example, on SD cards.
- Sticking of an application’s screen for confined client activity.
- As of late utilized applications are recollected even in the wake of restarting the device.
- WebViews get refreshes freely through Google Play for security reasons, rather than depending on framework wide merchant updates
- Expansion of 15 new dialects: Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil and Telugu
- Tap and Go enables clients to rapidly relocate to another Android gadget, utilizing NFC and Bluetooth to exchange Google Account subtleties, design settings, client information and introduced applications
- An electric lamp style application is incorporated, taking a shot at bolstered gadgets with a camera flash.
- Client adaptable needs for application notifications.
- Brilliant bolt feature
- SELinux in upholding mode for all spaces
- Refreshed emoji
- Enhanced openness bolster (e.g. switch get to support)
- Square based over-the-air (OTA) refreshes for new devices